Wednesday, January 7, 2009

ad astra per aspera

Yesterday I got a new tattoo (oh I love new ink), and, here 'tis.

It's a tribute to my babydog Dearly, who passed away last week. But it's also in memory of all of the pets that I have loved & lost so far in my lifetime... Nico, Tiger, Quiche, Radar, Rasta & Piewicket... 7 in all, and a star for each one...



I will add another star for every future pet as well as time goes on. I wanted something old-skool simple and symbolic- like stars- and something that could be added to, but wasn't sure what exactly beyond that... my tattooist Francella (@ Sinister Pleasures here in EPTX) hooked me up with the idea for the stars to trail from ankle to foot, and it was a fab idea, I love the way it turned out, she did a stellar job as usual.

So in addition to being sentimental, it's also cute... good good. I really like that there is a tiny star in there too, because to me, that one is especially for Piewicket, who was just a tiny baby kitten (we had just 1 month together but I adored little Pie) when a stupid dog mauled and killed the poor thing.

I can't wait til it heals. On a side note, damn does it hurt to get tattooed on the foot.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks cool. And it's a really sweet idea.

Manda Malice said...

Such an brilliant idea! (But lets hope it doesn't need to go all the way up yer leg)

Sebastian said...

haha that's funny, kind of...
Nice ink! But that is why I don't have pets anymore, I kept killing them.

Unknown said...

I saw this and about fell over in my chair.

This coming Saturday I'm getting tattooed, and I'm getting a star cluster on my chest and my drawing looks very similar to yours.

Whoa! lol

Anonymous said...

your sure do have a heart of gold and i love that tat thats great way of remebering your pets i love reading your log sorry i neaver posted on them befor but girl you keep up the good work xoxo's
spoiled_angel_1965@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Wow....Pretty Foot!

Fahrenheit519 said...

Stumbled onto here and LOVE the tattoo. I'm planning something similar (but different) and the story behind yours just makes it all that much more beautiful. Cheers, F519