Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Messages


Boarded-up room at abandoned Regency Motel, Howell NJ



One of the many eerie houses (now demolished) of Demon's Alley, West Milford NJ



Inside of vacant (now demolished) 'Sapphire Woods', Jackson NJ



2nd floor locker room of abandoned Lambertville High School, Lambertville NJ



Outside of Lambertville High School, Lambertville NJ



Weird sign (w no fire escape, etc in sight) in downtown Nashville TN



Looking down at the 100 ft+ drop from atop the abandoned Paulinskill Viaduct, Knowlton NJ



Odd message on metal thingy alongside spooky Whipporwill Valley Road, Middletown NJ



Old sign found along the snowy back roads, Idaho Falls ID



Abandoned in Pleasureland, Oakland NJ


All photos copyright Heather Shade

5 comments:

redlight915 said...

creepy and cool

Pandorah's Box said...

I have to say Shady, I have been a fan of Lost Destinations for a looong time now. When I first encountered your site, I had never seen anything like it and it made me so happy because I loved doing the same thing: exploring and visiting lost and abandoned places. I went through the ENTIRE site, missing nothing, and fell in love with your images and your stories. So creepy and perfect.
Seeing these pictures again brought me back to when I devoured Lost Destinations and how happy it made me, so thank you!

Anonymous said...

These are like some last known photographs for some demolished buildings! Can't wait for some better weather to get back to exploring.

LD fan
Termite

Chris Brown said...

Sapphire Woods still gives me the creeps.

Anonymous said...

I think it gives everyone the creeps.

Just so you know, Mental Health - Psychiatric Nursing: A continuum of care was published in January of 1987.