Wednesday, December 31, 2008

home, oh erect us!

It's been awhile since I've posted pics of my home sweet mobile home, so I thought I'd share some recent ones. As you can see, wow- I actually have some real furniture (furniture that's not lawn chairs!) now. And no more clothes hanging in the kitchen ha...




The red velvet couch & chair were found tossed out on the side of a road, not in the best of shape but a definite upgrade from lawn chairs. The Heather street sign behind the sink was stolen by a couple of my hooligan sk8r friends way back in high school...




My bedroom is finally shaping up, too... nasty wallpaper is gone and I've moved much of my own stuff in. As always, my chichi Mia loves to post up on top of my pillows like the little chihuahua princess that she thinks she is...






My dressing table has somehow been developing a punk-pirate Adam Ant-ish vibe... definitely still a work in progress though, I still have stuff to unpack yet. Ugh, unpacking.




I would show you the bathroom, but, well, it's so tiny that I can't really get in there to get a photo! Anyway you get the idea...






And finally, here's a shot of the view from my back deck... I do get the most incredible freaking sunsets out here...



This place is finally starting to feel like home, and I'm looking forward to starting the new year here. May it be a good and happy one for us all.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Shady, It's home..But more importantly, it's YOUR home.. Best of luck in 2009..
peace
chick

Sebastian said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shades,

Looks warm and comfy and downright homey. Good health, steady friendships and abundance in every way possible for you in 2009!

Love

Unknown said...

I love it girl! Hell I had dumpster couches in my first place. lol
It's looking very much like home. :)

Gidget said...

YAY! Shadester has a home! And a damn cool one (as if there was any doubt)
I hope I get to see it up close and personal someday!

Lurv to you!!

Eli said...

I'm so jealous! It looks great. We're about to move AGAIN, and it's likely we won't be able to find a house we can afford. Apartments suck. :(

Between the cost of living & our recent weather, I'm starting to wish I'd never left Texas.

Manda Malice said...

Oh! I LOVE the couch and chair! I have that SAME "Cramps" poster in MY living room! (Great minds)

I so wanna swap that Joey Ramone poster!

And I have an "Amanda" street sign that some of my punk friends in High School also "gave" me!

The place is looking great!