Sunday, August 10, 2008

hey there cupcake

Behold, my latest portrait...



(click the pic to see the high res full-size version, trust me it looks much better)

This is a portrait of my super-stylish Australian friend Super Kawaii Mama (check out her seriously great blog if you haven't already) She always takes the most adorably glam pictures, she's got that pin-up vibe down pat, and this one was inspired by one of my favorite shots of her (see the inspiration here)

I loved drawing that tiara, the cupcake, and the hair... it totally fulfilled the line-lovin' art tweaker in me. I am digging the black-white-pink combo, too, since it complements the combo of playful, cupcaking innocence and edgy pin-up sexiness that I love so much about this photo. I really enjoyed drawing this.

It pains me to admit that I still have not added my artwork to HeatherShade.com, doh. As of right now, the only place I have my art up is in one of my Myspace albums. I am working on updating that though. I'll post links when it happens ;)

As always, I am available for custom portraits & artwork.
Get in touch if you want anything, yo.

7 comments:

Eli said...

I love it! Do you do only portraits, or other things too? As much as I love the octopus you've chosen for your background I think I'd love it even more if you were the artist.

Shady said...

Eli... THANK YOU!!! <3 I will draw just about anything really, I've been doing a lot of portraiture lately but I just love to draw, I'll draw anything (or at least attempt to heh) And thanks about my bg- I ADORE octopi, and when I saw this bg tile I just had to use it, so cute! I think I may just have to do an octo illustration of my own one of these days though ;)

Anonymous said...

You're good at too much stuff, yo. It's funny...*just* last night, I went to your myspace thingie and discovered your art there, and was mightily impressed! I'd seen your self-portrait before, but never any of the others. They are all excellent! I am envying you some more now. Try to suck sometime, mmm? :D ~Randi

Shady said...

Ah, don't worry Randi.... I suck SO BAD at life (um, I'm single w no friends, broke & living in a spare room for 2 years at age 35, for example)... that it totally makes up for anything else that I might be even remotely good at :P

Candice DeVille said...

Hello you Mistress of gorgeousness! I just have to say thank you once again. You'll have to get more work up on Heathershade.com very soon, ( I think you might need to update that email address too) as I have linked your artwork directly to that site. You'll see it in pride of place at the top of the blog for everyone to see (and hopefully click) every day!
And on another note, What Do You Mean "No Friends"? We may be cyber, but we're still your buddies. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah? Bet I could beat you at a belly-fat-off.

Wow. I wish I hadn't said that. :P ~Randi

Manda Malice said...

Soooooooooo CUTE!